Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday - 7:00am - 3:30pm
Scheduling an Office or Departmental Move?
Need Moving Guidelines!
Need to Borrow University Tables and Chairs for
- Departmental Use?
- Personal Use?
Print the Employee Chair/Table Loan Consent Form
Scheduling an Office or Departmental Move?
- Moves are provided at no cost unless the move takes place after normal trucking hours.
- We recommend at least two weeks lead time on regular moves, but please call up to six months ahead of time for major moves,
especially those involving construction projects.
- If you require services of other departments, call them ahead
of time as well. If the following steps are completed by your
department prior to the date of your move, you will insure
a smooth, timely move with a minimal amount of disruption
- Submit a work order to the trucking crew through the web page.
* Make sure to include all pertinent information.
- Review the following moving guidelines.
- All furnishings, including desks, file cabinets, storage cabinets,
book shelves, etc. should be emptied of their contents. The
contents should be placed in packing tubs that will be supplied
by Trucking Services. Trucking Services is not responsible
for packing or unpacking. The contents must be placed in the
tubs in such a manner that the lids can be sealed. Tubs which
are not sealed will not be moved. The occupant's name and
the final destination of the items must be marked on the top
and all four sides of each tub.
- Once the move is completed, the empty packing tubs must be
returned to Trucking Services for reuse. If they are not returned,
your department will be charged for them.
- All furnishing should be marked with similar information by
placing pieces of masking tape on the top and all four sides
of each tub.
- All mimeograph or offset printing equipment must be emptied
of all fluids prior to the move. Copiers that are property
of the University or on a lease purchase plan can be moved.
Trucking Services will not move copiers that are rented.
- All computers and related equipment must be disconnected prior
to the arrival of the moving crew. All software and smaller
accessories should be packed in boxes. If the original hardware
packing boxes are available, they should be used. If they
are not available, the hardware can be moved by special handling
in a separate Trucking Services vehicle.
- Arrangements should be made for the disassembly of any modular
furnishings or removal of bookshelves that are mounted on
the wall prior to the moving date. This can be accomplished
by contacting the Service Desk at 529-6111.
- If an office has a large collection of books or periodicals,
they can be moved by special book carts. This will eliminate
unnecessary packing. To arrange for this service, contact
the Trucking Manager or Assistant Manager at 529-7035.
- Most laboratory furnishings and equipment can be packed in tubs.
- If large and/or delicate equipment is being moved, contact
the Manager or Assistant Manager to determine special handling
requirements. Equipment that is permanently connected to utility
services should be disconnected prior to the arrival of the
trucking crew. To arrange for this, contact the Service Desk
- Chemical moves must be accomplished in accordance with guidelines
established by the Environmental Health and Safety Office
- Arrangements to move audio-visual equipment including wall
mounted screens, should be made through the Audio-Visual Department
- Trucking Services will not be responsible for any damages
to items that are not the property of Miami University. Personal
effects such as P.C.'s, plants, etc. should be moved by the
- It would be helpful if each department would designate a contact
person to work with the Trucking Manager.
- The University does NOT store items that your department will
want back. Anything that goes to storage becomes community
Need to Rent University Tables and Chairs?
The process is different depending on status at the university.
Submit a work order including all pertinent information.
Tables and chairs are lent out at no charge, unless furniture is lost or damaged.
The requested furniture will be dropped off and picked up
during normal trucking hours. If the furniture must be dropped
off or picked up after hours or on the weekend, an overtime
charge will be included.
Miami University Employees
Obtain or print this Equipment/Facilities Loan Consent form
- Complete the form, sign it and return it to Cole Service Building, Trucking Services.
- Tables and chairs are lent out at no charge, unless furniture is lost or damaged.
- It is your responsibility to pick up as well as return all borrowed furniture within the prescheduled amount of time.
- Arrangements for pick up and return will be made on an individual bases.